Wednesday, May 1, 2013

After A While

Stumbled onto Jorge Luis Borges' poem, "After A While", and I'm in love with it. Especially with these two lines;
  
"So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers."

I've always been finding affection, I wouldn't dare say love because I know love's too strong a word, in the wrong places. In people who made me feel unworthy, because I had to give so much of myself to earn their attention. Right now, I just want to love myself, treat myself the best, get to know myself more, know what I want and what's best for me before I start hopping on to the wrong person again.

Okay, so Tuesday night saw me welcoming 1st of May with the worst hangover I've ever had. Courtesy of downing 9 tequila shots in the span of 3 hours, self inflicted pain but still.. I had a great time with my people. Aftermath was not so great but oh well. Have never had such bad hangover before so I didn't really know what to do, but carried on with my initial plans of meeting Jia for lunch for some sinful Popeyes. I would say that fried chicken made me feel better but really, it was after puking thrice then did I really feel better. But up till now, I still feel some tequila churning in my tummy. Vacuumed the house, kept the clean clothes and packed up the living room's table today so Mum doesn't really have to work too hard when she comes back tomorrow. Anyways, I really can't wait when they come back from Europe tomorrow, it feels like Christmas Eve when you go to bed excited because of all the presents you get to open on Christmas itself!

So.. I'll just leave you guys with this quote that I relate to very much. Just know that being weak is fine, relapsing is fine, looking back is fine, as long as you continue to move on.

You deserve to know that moments of weakness do not make you fundamentally weak, only fundamentally human, and that sometimes we’re not going to be effusively happy, and that is okay.
— Chelsea Fagan, "What You Deserve"

No comments:

Post a Comment